First of all apologies that your post has been removed. Your post probably matched some criteria of our anti-spam system. The forums are open to everyone to express their opinions on Spring topics. We have no intention to remove your posts on this certification topic.
The prices of our online courses are based on time zones. The US online course is for US employees, however no one is excluded to join if you would be willing to accept the time/language differences. In Asia pacific we only have an Australian online course available at the moment.
Our courses are indeed aimed at corporations. These are professional 4-day courses taught by Spring developers with at least 5 years of experience. This is professional education for developers. Taking the training will ensure corporations that their developers will have all the knowledge they need on developing with Spring after the course. We try to encourage developers worldwide to take our classes and to become Spring Certified.
For individual developers we have other educational products like the free online documentation available here:
We have online Spring tutorials available here:
And we also provide bi-weekly webinars for our Spring community, e.g.:
It is not possible for us to provide these 4-day courses for the same price all over the world based on cost differences. We are also not making a difference between our Spring developers worldwide. An Indian developer/corporation will experience the price quite similar to how a US developer experiences the price of a professional training course.
If you feel that the price of a Core Spring training is too steep at the moment I would encourage you to:
- Learn the Online Spring Documentation
- Learn the Online Spring Tutorials
- Attend our Bi-weekly Webinars
- Check our Spring Training promotion page often: http://mylearn.vmware.com/portals/ww...dis count=293 (sometimes 30% discount on courses)
- Watch the videos on our Youtube SpringSource developer channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SpringSourceDev
- Attend free Spring events
- Check the VMware free eLearning material: http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/pla...611&ui=www_edu
- Buy a Spring in Action book
Next to the software that we are giving away for free we also try to create a lot of free educational content for our developers. Our intention is not to discourage anyone from becoming a good Spring developer.