How do Spring Developers Develop Spring?
It seems like most Spring projects are hosted on GitHub and I assume most spring developers (by which I mean either employees or contributors) use STS for development. But where does it go from there?
1. Do devs use their own GitHub fork? Commit directly to the real repository?
2. How do devs pull GitHub projects in locally?
eGit plugin? command line?
3. Once devs have the project locally, how does it get into STS?
gradlew eclipse? Import Maven project? Something else?
4. Some projects are gradle and some are maven. How do devs get them to play nice?
gradlew install? Something else?
5. Any other tips or tricks?