Issue with Chinese characters
I am currently developing a Spring Roo application which will let users input data in Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese. I am using Mysql as database.
I have found an article on the Web (http://www.herongyang.com/PHP-Chines...SQL-UTF-8.html) which explains how to develop a php application to let users input and retrieve Chinese text into/from a MySQL database. Among other things, the article suggest setting the following database sessions variables to utf8: character_set_client, character_set_connection, character_set_database, character_set_results, and character_set_system. Although I have set those variables as suggested, the Simplified Chinese data I input in my Roo application are displayed as garbage when retrieved from the database.
After rereading the article, I have decided to set the above variables every time the Roo application connects to the database, as shown below (in php):
mysql_query("SET character_set_client=utf8", $con);
mysql_query("SET character_set_connection=utf8", $con);
Unfortunately, I have no idea how to issue those commands in Roo/Hibernate.