Roo obfuscated error
I have been trying to debug this for a past couple hours, but I can't find where the error is coming from. When I attach roo to my project it starts up with this error and it will no longer maintain / update to my project.
There is nothing in the log.roo file where the error might be coming from. Can someone please point me in the right direction? I'm running this in STS 2.9.1.RELEASE, but it was working fine before.
Thank you for any help.
____ ____ ____
/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \
/ /_/ / / / / / / /
/ _, _/ /_/ / /_/ /
/_/ |_|\____/\____/ 1.2.1.RELEASE [rev 6eae723]
Welcome to Spring Roo. For assistance press CTRL+SPACE or type "hint" then hit ENTER.
roo> Encountered " "int" "int "" at line 86, column 19.
Was expecting one of:
Yes this is annoying to run into. Roo could do a much better job displaying the context of this error - e.g. which file is causing it.
Based on my experience, I've seen these errors when I introduce compile errors into a Java source file I'm editing with Roo annotations. If you know which file you were last editing before encountering this problem, you can start there.
I was editing files without roo running in the background. When I restarted roo, it came back online with this error. I'm completely lost to find which file this error might be coming from. I am very surprised / disappointed that roo leaves no clues to where this error could be.
Should this be considered a bug in roo?
Well, you edited the files without Roo running, so it doesn't seem a bug in Roo.
Roo could improve the error messages, but it's not its fault to find not well formed java files.
Try what basilv suggested: correct the compilation errors and restart the Roo shell.
Thank you for the replies.
I guess it got into a weird state where the problem was the compilations errors with missing methods in the (domain)_Roo_JavaBean class. I removed this class so that roo would regenerate the class, which caused the compilation error.
In the end I generated the getters/setters myself, the whole project complied, roo loaded correctly, then I removed the getters/setters from the POJO and roo generated the (domain)_Roo_JavaBean.
Thanks for you help.